514 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jakub
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, I find it difficult to work with time frames in Airtable. Am I missing something?

Example:
Let's say I'm selling cars and with each sale I add it as a sold car record to Airtable with its details.

Manufacturer: Audi
Type: A6
Date: 22/3/2024
Price: 50 000 €
Condition: New

Now I have a DB of all cars sold in last 4 years and I would like to make an interface where I would filter variables (type of car, condition, ...) and timeframe it was sold in to see my average monthly sales of cars that corresponds with my filter. 

So basically I would know that based on data from last 24 months, I've sold avg. of 0.8 Audi A6 per month.

Any ideas? Thanks.

6 Replies 6
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Does this look about right?

Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 8.21.24 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 8.21.14 PM.png

Link to base

Unfortunately, I'm unable to open the link.

This site can’t be reached

Check if there is a typo in avg.%20sales%20by%20date,%20problem%20with%20timeframes.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Ah, sorry about that, I've fixed the link in my previous post

Thank you for your reaction.

Basically yes. That would work for me.

But how to switch my list of cars to the "Date" list with SUMS of specific records of my choice? 

You see, I'm able to filter how many machines I have sold in total, but I don't know how to make an "Avg. monthly sales" field that would divide the total sales by the number of months that passed by. 

re: But how to switch my list of cars to the "Date" list with SUMS of specific records of my choice?

Hm, sorry, I don't understand the question.  Could you rephrase it please?

---
re: You see, I'm able to filter how many machines I have sold in total, but I don't know how to make an "Avg. monthly sales" field that would divide the total sales by the number of months that passed by. 

Yeah, we're going to need a table where each record represents a single month's sales for a single car, and the Interface would display the data from that table