992 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ron_Daniel
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

My table tracks publication start and end dates for various websites, and I need to determine the time between the previous record's end date with the next record's start date.

Examples:
  Site A's publication will be taken down on May 31, and the new one will go up on June 1.
  Site B's publication will be taken down on May 31, and the new one will go up on June 6.
These require different processes ("turn this one off, wait some days, then turn the next one on" vs. "replace this one with the next one"), and I need to indicate which process should be followed.

Each publication has its own record in the table
Site A / Start Date: May 1 / End Date: May 31
Site A / Start Date: June 1 / End Date: June 30
Site B / Start Date: May 6 / End Date: May 31
Site B / Start Date: June 6 / End Date: June 30

How can I check to see if the Site's records are "back-to-back" dates? In this case, Site A records are back-to-back, while Site B has a five-day gap in between.

(I'm assuming this is going to have to involve creating another table - I'm fine with that, just need to know how to approach it.)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

Here is a an example of how you could solve your question.

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

Here is a an example of how you could solve your question.

Ron_Daniel
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

@Dan_Montoya 

Thanks for the quick response! Since I can only view and not edit, how are you determining the Predecessor? (If that is being linked manually, what is the purpose of the "Sites" tab?)

Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

You should be able to copy this base into your workspace and see how it all works.

Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

The sites are an "entity" or object.  Pulling that into its own table will allow you to manage the sites independently of the monthly versions.  The monthly versions will have their own data. For example, a version may need to be designed and approved.  Separating these into 2 tables allows you to scale for these types of features.

Ron_Daniel
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

@Dan_Montoya Thanks - I didn't realize I could do that! Yes, your solution will work well for me if I manually link the previous publication to the next one. Not as automatic as I'd hoped for, but definitely doable and allows me to keep everything in the same table. Thanks again!