561 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
evi
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello to all, im trying to create a table in order to control and track the days off of the employs. The first row is exactly what i need. But the team takes days off in different dates during the year. So if i put new dates in the second row, airtable discounts again the days from all. See the pic below. We have 28 days per year, 12 are in stable dates so the team needs to use 16 throughout the year in the dates they want. i need in the first column second row to be shown 6 remaining days not 14. is this possible to do or the air table doesnt have this capability? I hope i explained myself well. Thank you!!

Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 08.42.54.png

3 Replies 3

Ah, you can't reference another row (record) via a formula like that I'm afraid.  You're going to need to create a linked field and link them appropriately.  Airtable has a guide on how to create linked records here: https://www.airtable.com/guides/build/connect-data-with-linked-records

I've also put something together here for you to check out, and this is how I would try to handle leave tracking

You'd have a taable where each record is a single person:
Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 4.50.36 PM.png

Then you'd have a table where each record represented a single block of leave taken:

Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 4.50.49 PM.png

Because the records are linked together, I can use a rollup field to sum up the total number of days taken by that person, and then use a formula to find the remainder

evi

Thanks a lot!!!ill try it now

kschnaenberg
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

We built out the EXACT same function for one of the workspaces we manage.  Email me if you'd like the template, happy to share.  kurt@adbm.agency