492 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gloria_Bennett
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi All. Longtime reader, first-time poster. I'm having a logic issue that I can't wrap my head around and I'm hoping the hive mind can help.

I am building an automation in a base that tracks travel. The goal of the automation is to send an email to travelers with a summary of all of the logistics of their trip. One category I'm really struggling with is listing contact information for other people going on the same trip. Right now, the traveler profiles are in one table, the individual trips are in another table, and the parent events that those trips are connected to (conferences, etc) are in a third table, and they are all linked. The email automation is being triggered by the trip data, and ideally, I'd like to pull the contact information of all of the travelers who are linked to the same parent event as trigger record. It feels like it should be simple, but my brain is not working this one out. Do you have ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I think you could do this with an automation that would look for the records in the "People" table that are linked to the same Event record that the triggering Trip record is linked to?

Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 12.41.23 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 12.41.21 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 12.41.16 PM.png
Link to base

I'm not sure if I've correctly understood your problem though, apologies in advance!

   

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I think you could do this with an automation that would look for the records in the "People" table that are linked to the same Event record that the triggering Trip record is linked to?

Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 12.41.23 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 12.41.21 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 12.41.16 PM.png
Link to base

I'm not sure if I've correctly understood your problem though, apologies in advance!

   

This is what I've been trying to do but unfortunately, I can't link to the Events in the automation. It's greyed out and I can't figure out why.
Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 12.24.50 AM.png

The answer to this was that I made a really basic mistake. I had an old hidden field that had been converted to a single line entry instead of a linked field, and chose that one in the record lookup instead of the correct linked field. Your solution was the right one!