cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andreanne_St-Ge
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi ! 

I've set up a time zone - which is the same for all collaborators - in events I plan in Airtable. However, when I send au automated email to my collaborators to let them know they've been assigned to an event, the time zone in the email is not the correct one, hence, they get the wrong time in their email assigning them to an event.

Is there any way to solve this? It seems weird that the automation changes the time setting...

Thank you so much!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Ah, you might want to try creating a formula field to display the date in the exact format that you want, and use that in your email instead

You can see my date field here is set to -5, and the formula field displays it fine

DATETIME_FORMAT(
  Date,
  'DD MMM YYYY hh:mm a'
)

Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 1.16.39 PM.png

And this is how I set it up in my automation:

Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 1.16.24 PM.png
And you can see that the date field displays a different date, whereas the formula field looks fine
Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 1.16.33 PM.png

This is down to the fact that Airtable stores the dates as GMT, which makes sense data wise but also leads to a bit of confusion sometimes

Link to base

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Ah, you might want to try creating a formula field to display the date in the exact format that you want, and use that in your email instead

You can see my date field here is set to -5, and the formula field displays it fine

DATETIME_FORMAT(
  Date,
  'DD MMM YYYY hh:mm a'
)

Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 1.16.39 PM.png

And this is how I set it up in my automation:

Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 1.16.24 PM.png
And you can see that the date field displays a different date, whereas the formula field looks fine
Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 1.16.33 PM.png

This is down to the fact that Airtable stores the dates as GMT, which makes sense data wise but also leads to a bit of confusion sometimes

Link to base

Andreanne_St-Ge

Hey ! Thank you so much for the help. This worked out, but I really hope Airtable finds a better solution soon because it's really not instinctive and could lead to potential important errors on our end.

Have a great day!