370 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JacobCH
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am the Technology Manager for Companion Health. We are a medical practice currently utilizing Airtable. We recently had one of our employees accidentally remove one of our client records which resulted in me having to review a snapshot and pull the data back in.

I would like some advice on what I could do to ensure this is prevented as much as possible.

Also is there better backup methods for client data other than the snapshots taken in Airtable?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shannon_Bradley
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

In Teams level and up you can set Table permissions, not sure if you are on a free account or not.

Shannon_Bradley_0-1714414773053.png

See Solution in Thread

6 Replies 6
Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

HI Jacob,  You can always start with the Trash to recover deleted data.Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 10.36.36 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-04-29 at 10.37.20 AM.png

I would recommend using interfaces and not granting base/data layer access to your users. This will prevent them from accidentally doing anything you didn't want them to do.

Shannon_Bradley
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Curious as well if field permissions could be used somehow to prevent that? Would need to be creative, I add and remove records all the time and you need to set things up to only protect what is really needed

JacobCH

The problem is there is heavy data entry that is required which may rule out the use of an interface. We just want only specific people to be able to delete records is essentially what I am getting at. 

Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

from the airtable permissions page, editors can delete records.  So I don't think you can do it if you are granting base level access.

Shannon_Bradley
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

In Teams level and up you can set Table permissions, not sure if you are on a free account or not.

Shannon_Bradley_0-1714414773053.png

That works! Thank you!